Code of Conduct
Our community is firmly dedicated to inclusion; everyone should feel safe and welcome. While RevGenius is a social-forward, professional networking group, we expect members to know the weight their words carry.
With that, we have included some simple guidelines for interacting with the community. Members who violate these guidelines may have posts and/or comments removed, be immediately suspended (or permanently banned at discretion of RevGenius). If repeated, a member will be permanently banned.
- Give more than you take. To support the growth of our members, we provide a place to share ideas, ask questions, and find answers. This requires collaboration in building a quality community. We ask for your help in maintaining a quality environment by making a goal to give more than you take.
Rather than focusing on what you can garner from the community or how to leverage it for your own gain, focus on sharing knowledge and experience without expectation of payoff.
- No abuse, harassment, or disrespect. Abuse, harassment, and microaggressions are not welcome — this includes (but is not limited to) memes, gifs, comments, discussions, webinars, or private messages.
If you ever witness such behavior or feel abused/harassed, please screenshot the issue and send it via DM to Jared Robin, Asia Corbett, or DJ Kim or email to email@example.com.
- No spam, promotion, or selling. This community is for learning, growth, and sharing. It’s a place where you can be vulnerable and transparent. If members are using it as a forum for sales and/or self-promotion, that defeats the purpose. See #1.
Posts promoting your solutions or solutions in which you have a vested interest will be removed.
- Respect everyone’s privacy. Do not talk about other people or disclose the private information and data of others. Members may NOT use information shared or obtained via RevGenius to sell or share via other channels.
If you witness that behavior, please report it, ASAP.
- Debate ideas, not people. We allow controversial ideas to be discussed, yet always expect informed and thoughtful discourse. You are welcome to present opposing viewpoints, opinions or data.
You can expect that your own viewpoints may sometimes be challenged; as a community, we do not allow personal attacks.
Avoid inflammatory topics.
Don’t drag politics, religion, or similar topics into discussions. We all have different beliefs and enjoy the diversity that brings to our community.
We firmly believe topics and interactions can be discussed without naming people and companies. Wishing to ensure everyone feels comfortable, members should fear reading negative comments or posts about their company or themselves.
How to get the most from RevGenius:
Engagement – Ask questions. Answer questions from other members. Don’t just read, do! Test ideas. Share experiences.
Support – You aren’t alone, let’s grow together. This is a positive and encouraging group; we’re here to provide the support you need.
Depth and transparency – This is the place to be real. We grow and create impact by being honest about our challenges, issues, wins, and failures.
Continued growth – There’s always more to learn. There’s always a new way to do things.
By asking questions and joining discussions, you can provide support and help others grow.
These are the values we live by at RevGenius, and we expect all members to behave according to these principles within the RevGenius community. When we all act on these shared values, this community will flourish.
Community is family
We treat everyone in the community like family. We practice empathy, respect, and kindness for all. We contribute to the greater good of the community through our actions and resources shared.
Positivity; No Drama
We support one another and if we don’t have anything nice to say we say nothing at all. No calling out people or companies by name. THINK before you share (Is your contribution Thoughtful, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, and Kind?)
Think Outside the Box
We collaborate and innovate together, bringing about greater results and adding value.
We are creating new spaces and blazing trails to differentiate ourselves and solve problems for our members.
We are Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive
This is a lifestyle, not a line item. We welcome and listen to everyone, not because it’s conscious corporate comms but because it’s who we are at our core. We strive to listen, be equal and accepting of all. It’s the only way to be.
We are empathetic at our core.
Empathy, not sympathy helps us dive in to really listen to one another and put ourselves in others’ shoes to make the most thoughtful decisions possible with the best interest of the other at heart.