You might be asking yourself:
- should I join?
- what will I gain?
- what's the point of this community stuff?
The Internet can be a lonely place. It's really nice to find people who think about the kinds of problems you think about, to get feedback on your thoughts, and to get random support from people you don't even know (yet).
When I first heard about RevGenius, my initial response was "Yet Another Sales Community." Yet some of those other communities don't seem to have the energy, chaos, and movement that RevGenius does. I like RevGenius precisely because it's not perfect. I like RevGenius because it reminds me of earlier days on the Internet (Metafilter, anyone) where people participated because, well they wanted to.
Expect the following from RevGenius:
- You will find friends you didn't know you had yet
- You will find many people asking the same questions you have
- You will be challenged to learn there are smart peeps out there
- And you will find a wealth of resources to test the market and hear "what salespeople think"
Community implies connection. Connection implies active participation, not just lurking. You'll get more out of RevGenius if you put more into it.
- Consider reading or posting in a Slack channel
- Attend a presentation or webinar
- Ask a question
I look forward to seeing you here, and in the Slack community. Feel free to say hello! 😁